Thursday, December 29, 2011

Comic Creators for Freedom


Every year, I contribute a bit for the Comic Creators for Freedom. It's a group of comic book creators volunteering their help in raising awareness and funds for ending human trafficking across the globe. It's still a pretty big problem, and it's not just in other far away third world countries, where indoor plumbing is a luxury, but it even happens here in North America. (There are some stories out there that are pretty disturbing.) So essentially, we all pitch in our artwork to help out with raising funds to donate to safe houses for the victims of these disturbing atrocities. If you head to their homepage here, it'll explain all the details. So if you got a few bucks to spare this season and feel like helping a pretty good cause... Every little bit helps.

The theme this year is “snowball fight” and my contribution this year is Firecracker's Marica Kitamer. Yeah, her comic is still a year away from debuting, but I think she'll be a fitting role model. So she got drawn. (I could have done Black Banshee's Stephanie, but that comic's going be a bit dark. I'd rather keep with the more upbeat character for this.)

I start my first day of work tomorrow and I'm a bit excited. I'm sure I'll be exhausted as hell come Saturday morning, but hey, I've been living a sedentary lifestyle for the last few years, so this will be anything but a bad thing.

Have a Happy New Years folks, and I'm looking forward to a productive 2012. (Barring any Mayan predictions.)  


2 comments:

Adamas said...

I actually enjoyed AvP. It was the perfect movie when you just wanted to kick back and shut your higher reasoning centers off for a couple hours.

Adamas said...

Gah! wrong post...