Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Black Banshee: Rejected Page coloring walkthrough

I've been writing some pages here, and I decided to scrap the beginning, as I thought it might be a little too "fanservicey". Which as you know, I have no issue with fanservice, as long as there's a time and place for it all.  And this wasn't the time or place for it. First introduction to the character should have a real punch to it, and the scene was someone unneeded... So it got cut.

However, I did like the layout I gave to the second page, and since I was bored and waiting for dinner, and 'A Christmas Story' had been playing in a non-stop loop all day, I thought I'd color it. And since I just found out how to make animated gifs in Photoshop CS5, I thought I' make one of a "step by step" progress of the coloring. (Though it was mostly an afterthought. If I had given it more forethought, it would be a lot less jarring. Maybe for the future I'll remember this.)

This is the main character for the Black Banshee comic I mentioned, named Stephanie, granddaughter and inheritor of the titular legacy of the "Black Banshee". I'll explain more of the story as time goes on, but for now... Who is she talking to? Well, I'll let you decide, since that part was cut. :P

I hope you like it. You'll be seeing more of her soon.

The color walkthrough is under the jump.


The colors here are pretty much the same way I had done them in Shadowgirls, except the difference here is that since I'm working with a newer and more powerful computer, as well as a newer Photoshop, I don't have to make concessions anymore for file sizes and I can just plow straight on through with the best art I can try and produce. And with some more time to do it in, I'm able to be a lot more confident in my color choices and brush strokes.




(By the way, the symbol on her book? Big huge hint for what's to come in future stories.)

No comments: