Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Batgirls: Hope Prevails character cards

Daaaaaark Vengeance!!

I thought I'd give a shot at drawing each one of the Batgirls in their own simple illustration. They were drawn in a sketchbook as roughly the same size as the screen version here, with no reduction in size, so the line work is a little thicker than usual. But they were still fun to do, since I've never actually drawn Misfit's entire costume before (she's usually popping her head from the background) and and it was neat to do some tweaks to Flamebird's costume.

I've actually been giving consideration to doing some short fancomic stories with them. (Nothing huge or epic. Just short little tales.) But I'm still up in the air about it. I do have to admit though, the appeal of drawing Batman stories, even unofficial fanworks is... Well, isn't it like half the reason we artists got into comics in the first place? (Well, at the very least, it would be awesome practice for the next big project I'm doing, the Lemuria Project.)

Well, anyway. These were really fun to draw, and I'll do Barbara, Cassandra and Stephanie next. (Probably in that order.) And when they're done, I can probably tell you all about the Lemuria Project that I'm currently fleshing out... Or at the very least, how it came about. And interestingly on topic, it involves DC Comics' Power Girl... And Ariel, the Little Mermaid.


No comments: