Thursday, October 20, 2011

Well, I did promise you something stupid…


…Just didn’t expect the stupid part to be ME.

This last week, I attempted to actually make what I was hoping to be the first of many podcasts, that you could download in MP3 format and give a listen to. Just basically discussing a variety of topics… Buuuuuuut, not only did I screw up the entire podcast, which just plain and simple didn’t work due to a bad microphone, but I also wasn’t able to convert it into any format except for a .wav format. Yeah, that’s what we’re all listening to these days, right?

*shakes head*

Anyway, I apologize for that. That’s what happens with you plan shit out poorly. So I’ll have to wait until I have a new computer to pull that off. (Hopefully that’ll happen shortly after I find steady employment.)

In the meantime, there’s always been a stark difference in how I draw something for black and white vs. how I draw something that’s going to be colored. And lately, I’ve been feeling like I’ve come to rely too much on coloring. I know I’m a decent colorist, but I think my lineart isn’t where it should be. And there’s probably a half a dozen reasons for it all, but in the end, the results are still the same. And now that I’m no longer doing a regular comic anymore, and it’ll be a little while before I’m ready to do Firecracker… And when that time comes, I really want to “level up” to a whole new class, so to speak. I figured I’d take this time and force myself to get comfortable in B&W again. So these are a few B&W pieces I did.

At the top is a Harley and Ivy picture I finished up earlier tonight. I actually had no intention of coloring it, but I thought I’d tint it a shade of green, and then another shade… And well… The colored version can be found HERE. I kept the B&W lineart here for prosperity. (Or whatever the right word would be.) The second one is a simple barbarian chick picture, which is kind of a companion piece for this piece I did for a friend a little over a year ago. No, I don’t have a story for them. There’s a few others I did as well, but I’m pretty sure I can’t post them here. (Mature content and all.)

So barring any glitches of my intelligence, I’ll be back on a more regular update schedule next week, as I’ll the return to the stupid-awesome movie reviews and weekly drawing deal, I’m hoping. (If that doesn’t start next week, it’ll be shortly after.)

No comments: