Monday, June 20, 2011

Headmasters Cover recolors

In the 1980's there was a Transformers miniseries by Marvel called Headmasters. This story, was to me, one of the most memorable Transformers story I have ever read to date, introducing the Headmasters, Targetmasters, Nebulon and much more. So some time ago, a friend of mine got a hold of the original lineart to the covers for this miniseries. As it was a big influence on me, I really wanted a shot at coloring the covers. (As in the past, they weren't always colored with the highest accuracy due to a combination of technological limitations and plain and simple "get it done and out the door".


Over the past year, on and off when I had time, I took my time and colored the four covers. So, here they all are. All four covers recolored.


I hope you like 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im sure the only reason you like the movie 'Finding Nemo'is because there's a little character called 'Davey Reynolds' in the dentist scene. Ha ha ha - that's the only reason (apart from the great animation) that I like it. And guess what - we share the same name AND occupation. The only thing is Im on the other side of the globe. Nice work BTW! Cheers DR - Cartoonist!